Many leading businesses use the top or largest data mining companies (software vendors and consulting service providers) to ensure their market success.
In our hyperconnected world, it’s less important the location of data mining companies (in the USA, UK, Canada, India or European data analytics firms).
On highest demand are areas like pharmaceutical, medical, health insurance, telecommunication, social media, Facebook, finance, and credit card data mining.
On this page:
- What is data a mining company? Types of products and services.
- List of the best data mining software companies.
- List of the best data mining and data analytics consulting providers.
What is a data mining company?
It is a company that performs processes of analyzing data and then converting it into valuable insights that are basics for business decisions.
The key purpose is to discover important data patterns and trends and to transform big data into effective management solutions.
For example, a data mining service provider is able to determine relationships between price, product, customer age, and more.
It enables businesses to uncover the impact on sales and profits.
That’s why data mining can open many doors to success, increased customer satisfaction, and competitive advantages.
Types of data mining companies
Generally, there are two key types of data mining companies depending on the services and products they provide:
- Software Companies in Data Mining and Analytics
Those are companies that provide a variety of software products that help companies discover patterns and trends in big data volumes, convert those into actionable solutions, and even predict possible outcomes.
For the purpose, these software products use specific data algorithms, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and different types of statistical analysis.
- Consulting Companies in Data Mining, Analytics, and Data Science
Not every business has data science specialists who can handle the above software solutions. In many cases, those businesses need to use outsourced services.
This is where consulting companies in data mining come to play.
The consulting companies offer experts who provide their in-depth knowledge and expertise in big data technology, methodology, and analytics.
People with high data scientist skills and talent can leverage the technologies and software products to perform effective data mining activities that bring the difference to your business.
Top Data Mining Software Companies: List
In order to help you choose the right software solution, we’ve listed some of the top data mining software companies you can consider.
When it comes to biggest data mining software companies, Sisense’s has a top place here.
They are quite popular with their analytics software that allows every user to seamlessly discover meaningful business insights.
Designed for non-technical users with a great simplicity, Sisense software is one of the first data analytics tools to provide a single-stack solution.
With a drag and drop functionality, you can present beautiful visual reports, create bar graph, line charts, pie charts, scatter plots, and any other types of graphs.
- Locations: offices in New York ( The USA), Ramat Gan (Israel), Arizona (The USA)
- Some of their clients: Hewlett Packard, Philips, Accenture, Fujitsu, Nasdaq, and many others.
- Industries: digital marketing, enterprise, finance, credit card, healthcare, logistics, e-commerce, technology, travel & hospitality.
- Website: www.sisense.co
2. Oracle Data Mining
Oracle Data Mining (ODM) offers powerful data mining algorithms that allow data analysts to uncover meaningful insights and make predictions.
In short, with the help of ODM, you can target your best customers, predict customer behavior, create customer profiles, detect different anomalies, and spot new selling opportunities.
ODM is a part of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Database Option which is used by a lot of market leader companies to maximize the benefits of their data.
- Locations: has a global presence with contacts in the USA, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. World Headquarters: Redwood Shores, CA
- Some of their clients: DHL, Home Depot, UK’s National Health System, Dunkin Brands, Argonne National Laboratories, and many others.
- Industries: retail, banking, higher education, healthcare, insurance, life sciences, telecommunications, manufacturing, public sector, automotive, chemical, utilities.
- Website: https://www.oracle.com/
3. IBM Cognos
IBM Cognos is a great opportunity for business users who want to effortlessly create compelling reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
It is a business intelligence self-service analytics solution with powerful reporting and data analytics capabilities. With IBM Cognos Analytics, you have interactive dashboards, enterprise scalability, scheduling, and sharing features as well as stunning custom visualizations.
The software provides a broad range of analysis tools, such as advanced analysis, trend analysis, and analytical reporting. They allow you to discover information that may not be obvious or expected.
- Locations: worldwide contacts
- Some of their clients: American Airlines, Medtronic, Brownells, Magellan Health, Boston Beer Company, and many others.
- Industries: travel and transportation, public, retail, financial services, communications, computer services, and many others.
- Website: https://www.ibm.com
DOMO is а perfect solution for any types of data-driven business needs. It is a user-friendly system that extracts actionable insights from all types of data and sources.
The best part is that you can use DOMO without any training. Non-technical users can cleanse and combine data from anywhere – no coding required.
In addition, DOMO provides an incredible set of real-time social collaboration capabilities.
DOMO is a business management suite that pulls from everywhere, integrates everything, and connects everyone while putting all of a business’s data to work for driving valuable insights.
- Locations: Headquarters – American Fork (HQ) the United States, and an office in London, UK
- Some of their clients: Mastercard, eBay, DHL, National Geographic, Telus.
- Industries: education, financial services, credit card, healthcare, high tech, hospitality, manufacturing, media and entertainment, professional services, transportation, retail, e-commerce.
- Website: www.domo.com
We cannot talk about the best data mining companies, without placing RapidMiner in the top positions.
RapidMiner is an integrated platform dedicated to machine learning and text mining algorithms that unifies the entire data science life cycle from data prep to model deployment.
Created on an open source model, RapidMiner is one of the best data mining and predictive analytics software available on the market.
More than 30000 global organizations use the RapidMiner solutions to drive revenue, reduce costs, discover new opportunities, and avoid risks.
- Locations: Headquarters – Boston, MA (the USA), office in London (United Kingdom), office in Dortmund (Germany), and office Budapest (Hungary).
- Some of their clients: Barclays, BMW, CISCO, Sanofi, Transport for London, and many others.
- Industries: automotive, banking, consumer goods, energy,
the Government, healthcare, insurance, life science, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, travel.
- Website: https://rapidminer.com
6. KNIME Analytics Platform
KNIME is an open data analysis software platform for data-driven innovation, discovering the hidden data potential, mining for actionable insights, and predicting the new opportunities/risks.
It combines components for machine learning and data mining and also provides an intuitive, drag and drop style graphical interface.
KNIME has an impressive worldwide community of data scientists in over 60 countries. The users have been working with the platform on every type of data: from numerical data to images, molecules to humans, and simple statistics to big data analysis methods.
With its more than 1 000 additional extensions, ready-to-use examples, collaboration, productivity, and algorithms, KNIME holds thousands of dedicated users all over the world.
- Locations: headquarters based in Zurich ( Switzerland ), with offices in Konstanz and Berlin (Germany) and office in Austin, TX, (The USA).
- Some of their clients: Tyler Technologies, Procter & Gamble, Sanofi, Verizon, The University of Hamburg
- Industries: customer intelligence, social media intelligence, finance, credit card, manufacturing, the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare, retail, Government, cross industry.
- Website: www.knime.com
7. Orange Data Mining
Orange is one of the most popular data mining companies when it comes to simple data analysis and clever data visualization.
Orange provides open source machine learning and data visualization for newbies as well as for experts.
One of the greatest Orange parts is the amazing interactive data visualization that allows you to easily understand and explore statistical distributions, box plots, scatter plot, decision trees, hierarchical clustering, and etc.
Visual programming is also a spectacular feature that offers interactive data exploration for rapid qualitative analysis with clean visualizations.
- Locations: The main vendor – University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Some of their clients: Used at schools, universities, professional training courses, and businesses across the world.
- Industries: social sciences, business, healthcare, finance, sciences
- Website: https://orange.biolab.si
8. Dundas BI
Dundas BI is one of those data mining software solutions that provides you with full control over your data so you can quickly get actionable insights.
You can visually explore and transform your data into beautiful dashboards, reports, and visual data analytics.
One of the impressive Dundas capabilities is their pixel-perfect dashboards with a wide range of layout options to help you perform data-driven decision-making.
Dundas BI comes also with highly-customizable visualization including interactive charts, gauges, maps, scorecards and more.
- Locations: Headquarters – Toronto, ON, Canada
- Some of their clients: NHS, Scotiabank, Cleveland Clinic, SNAP Financial Group, ADT
- Industries: healthcare, medical science, finance, bank cards, electricity, construction, education, Government, high-tech, insurance, manufacturing, non-profit, oil&gas, pharmaceutical, retail, utilities, retail, transport & logistics, telecom
- Website: www.dundas.com
Other honorable mentions of data mining companies that provide software solutions:
Popular Data Mining Service Providers: List
Data mining and analytics software alone aren’t sufficient to respond to your big data challenges. Many businesses and organizations that haven’t got their own data scientists, use a consulting vendor who can provide a full range of data analytics services.
Here is a list of the most popular data mining companies that offer consulting services.
1. IBM Business Intelligence and Analytics Consulting
IBM is not only among the biggest data mining companies when it comes to software solutions, but IBM is also one of the best data mining service providers.
The company’s experts help you detect your largest challenges with solutions that unlock the potential in all your data — internal, external, structured, unstructured data and etc.
IBM can deliver actionable insights that better the process of your decision making and insights that empower you to grow.
- Locations: worldwide contacts
- Services: insights, forecasting, and visualization; advanced analytics and data strategy; finance investment optimization; fraud and risk detection; supply chain optimization; talent and HR analytics and many others.
- Website: https://www.ibm.com/
2. CBIG Consulting
CBIG Consulting is an award-winning professional services firm that provides business intelligence and big data analytics consulting solutions.
They take the massive amount of structured and unstructured data and then collect and transform that data into information and valuable insight.
CBIG’s leading consultants have, on average, been in the Business Intelligence industry for more than 15 years. They are experts in the field and leverage their collective knowledge gained in over 500 projects.
Regardless of the state of your data, they can help you build a roadmap to success and start delivering results.
- Locations: Offices in the USA – Rosemont (Chicago), Austin (TX), Boston (MA), Denver (CO), Irvine (CA), Raleigh (NC), San Francisco (CA), Seattle (WA).
- Services: marketing analytics, data monetizations, master data management best practices application, big data architecture services, big data analytics services, predictive analytics, sales analytics, competitive intelligence, data governance, lean analytics, data warehousing, and many others.
- Website: www.cbigconsulting.com
This is also one of the award-winning data mining companies that provide analytics services and analytics outsourcing.
They bring the power of industry domain, data, and digital technologies together to enable organizations to re-defining their markets and customers, and re-imagining their business models.
EXL has experience in projects for 500+ global customers around the world.
They are experts in digital intelligence and help complex industries such as insurance, finance, banking, credit card, healthcare, transportation, marketing, and etc.
Digital Intelligence is the foundation of everything they do.
- Locations: 43 global delivery centers in the Americas, Europe, India, Asia, Colombia and South Africa. 25+ languages supported.
- Services: data strategy, data architecture, master data management, data enrichment, data governance, digital transformation, customer and market intelligence, risk and compliance, etc.
- Website: www.exlservice.com
4. WCI Consulting
Trusted for over 20 years, WCI Consulting provides business intelligence and data management consulting services.
No matter the size or complexity, their consultants can work with any business to identify the right solutions to your problems.
WCI Consulting’s clients are a wide variety of companies across multiple industries. More than 75 percent of their clients are on the Fortune 500 list.
Some of the industries where WCI Consulting has experienced are: banking/finance, credit card, energy, healthcare, life science, insurance, green/sustainability, hospitality/recreation, marketing/sales, real estate, retail, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Locations: Offices in Dallas, Chicago, New York, Orange County (The USA) and Toronto (Canada).
- Services: data management, big data consulting, data warehouse, enterprise data strategy, data cleansing, master data management, business inteligence & analytics, data visualisation, and etc.
- Website: www.wciconsulting.com
Some other honorable mentions of data mining companies that provide consulting services:
Whether with software or consulting services, data mining companies help businesses identify important patterns, correlations, and trends in big data volumes, and turn those into actionable insights.
Nowadays, data mining is just vital for the success of advanced, data-driven organizations.
The benefits of data mining are wide-ranging and with invaluable importance.
Not only data mining and analytics improve your business’s decision-making but also supports your planning and forecasting, brings you a competitive advantage, cost reduction, and customer acquisition.
So, what are your suggestions for the best data mining companies? Share your thoughts in the field below.
Silvia Vylcheva has more than 10 years of experience in the digital marketing world – which gave her a wide business acumen and the ability to identify and understand different customer needs.
Silvia has a passion and knowledge in different business and marketing areas such as inbound methodology, data intelligence, competition research and more.