There is a great range of benefits that the best 3D data visualization software tools can bring to your small/big data projects for business or scientific needs.
Not only 3D graphing software allows you to see many data points and micro-clusters but it also delivers next levels of understanding of your bar graph, pie chart, scatter plot, and etc.
Now, there is a great range of online and on-premise 3-dimensional interactive tools that are cost-effective while improving your visual communication on big data projects.
On this page:
- A list of the best and free 3D data visualization tools with interactive capabilities – for business and scientific needs.
FusionCharts has very quick integration with all tech stacks including React, Angular, Vue, jQuery, Java, .NET or PHP.
The graphs you can create with FusionCharts are interactive, beautiful, and full of amazing features such as chart label overlapping, legend positioning, and much more.
Key features and benefits:
- A great range of 3d data visualizations tools such as: columns in 3D, grouped column in 3D with multiple series, 3D bars, 3D pies and donuts, stacked bars in 3D, funnel and pyramid graphs in 3d and many more types of graphs.
- Real world stories narrated through interactive data visualizations.
- 20+ Dashboards for all business use-cases, with source code.
- Comprehensive documentation, direct support from developers, quick Integrations with all tech stacks.
- Dedicated developer support team available almost 24×7, except naptime.
- Over 28,000 customers in 118 countries.
- 95+ charts and 1400+ maps to create any visualization that you need.
Pricing: basic and enterprise pricing options starting from $497 for a single developer.
Plotly is definitely one of the best 3D data visualization software tools when it comes to business needs and graphing solutions. With the Plotly tools, you can create, modify, and share a broad range of interactive and graphical data on the web including 3D data visualizations. It is available in the cloud or on-premises.
And the best part is that you do not need to know coding or any data scientist skills to create, organize and present charts.
Plotly collaboration servers allow you to share interactive graphs and Dashboards with team members or other colleagues.
Key features and benefits:
- Open source graphing library with 3D charts – you can easily make interactive, publication-quality 3D graphs online.
- Make D3 and WebGLcharts entirely without code by uploading a CSV file or connect to a SQL database through Falcon.
- Create modern, online reports with Dash.
- A Python framework for building analytics web apps.
- Best-in-class data visualization to your products.
- Any chart that you could make in MATLAB, matplotlib, or ggplot2, you can make interactive with Plotly.
Pricing: Plotly has two types: cloud and on-premises. Each has its own pricing packages. Plotly Cloud starts from $99 user/year for students. Also, Plotly Cloud has a community free version.
The on-premise enterprise solution starts from $9960.00/year.
3. GenView 3D
This 3D data visualization solution is a modern business decision-making software for managers and teams to control, coordinate, and ensure alignment with business goals and expectations.
Moreover, with GenView 3D you have a simplified and unified view of the KPIs (key performance indicators), anytime, and online, anywhere.
Key features and benefits:
- 3-dimensional interface that provides you with a greater data visualization and understanding of the business and operational activities.
- User-friendly and simple interface.
- A powerful engine that allows following the data management best practices.
- 3D intelligence software available from a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone to view and control business processes from anywhere.
- Great team collaboration capabilities.
- Real-time information to never miss an opportunity.
- Accelerate decision-making and measure real-time performance.
Pricing: You need to contact GenView 3D for pricing information or other product details.
‘Vaa3D’ means “3D Visualization-Assisted Analysis” software suite. It is used in a number of projects worldwide and when it comes to best free 3D data visualization software, Vaa3D has a lot to show.
Vaa3D is a 3D and also 4D and 5D image visualization and analysis software for bioimages and surface objects. It has a great range of unique functions that you may not find in other software. It is open source with a very simple and powerful interface.
Vaa3D is a cross-platform solution – it runs on Mac, Linux, and Windows. This software suite is powerful for visualizing 3D image stacks and various surface data. Vaa3D also provides powerful modules for 3D image analysis, statistics, and data management.
Key features and benefits:
- A great range of data types: 3D color image stacks, 5D time series of color image stacks, 3D irregular shaped surfaces, 3D neuron structures, 3D point cloud, 3D landmarks.
- 3D real-time interactive visualization.
- 3D image analysis functions such as quantitative measurements, landmarking, data management, 3D colocalization, blending, and more.
- Very fast – Vaa3D visualizes and explores big 3D, 4D, and 5D images within seconds or sub-seconds!
- Performs comprehensive types of analysis such as brain connectome mapping.
- 100+ plugins for image acquisition, data management, and data analysis, massive-scale pipelining, and much more.
- Supports convenient and interactive local and global 3D views at different scales.
Pricing: For free download and open source.
Want More Good 3D Data Visualization Software Tools?
Here is a list of other great solutions: free and paid.
VTK (The Visualization Toolkit) is a free and open software tool for 3D graphics, modeling, image processing, scientific data visualization, and other information visualization.
VTK is used worldwide in many commercial applications or in research and development. In fact, VTK is the basis for a lot of modern 3d data visualization tools such as ParaView, VisTrails, VisIt, OsiriX, and MayaVi.
ANTz is an immersive 3D data visualization software tool and a realtime multi-dimensional environment for data analysis and decision making. It provides an interactive and real-time 3D data viewing tool for cognizance of complex systems.
It is for free download on your MS Windows, OSX Mac or Linux. It can synergize any industry, academia, national labs, and other government agencies.
Amira is a 3D and 4D visualization and data analysis software tool. It is a very powerful platform for visualizing, manipulating, and understanding life science research data.
Amira has incredible speed and flexibility while enabling advanced 3D and 4D+ bioimaging workflows in research areas ranging from structural and cellular biology, to tissue imaging, neuroscience, preclinical imaging, and bioengineering.
SynGlyphX is a software that transforms data into a visual, 3D, immersive and interactive environment and thus allows users to interact with their data and to more quickly discover valuable insights.
SynGlyphX software enables users to make sense of complex data and to create and modify interactive visualizations and thereby accelerate and enhance informed decision making.
Miner3D is a 3D data visualization software tool with highly interactive analytics environment to support your business decision-making.
Miner3D helps you to discover important information that might otherwise stay hidden in your data. It is helpfull if you are trying to spot unusual trends and find patterns in your data.
Miner3D comes with 3 types: Enterprise, Professional, and Basic solution.
What is your favorite 3D data visualization software tool? Share your thoughts in the field below.
Silvia Vylcheva has more than 10 years of experience in the digital marketing world – which gave her a wide business acumen and the ability to identify and understand different customer needs.
Silvia has a passion and knowledge in different business and marketing areas such as inbound methodology, data intelligence, competition research and more.